Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 Makeup Favorites


There is a new line of makeup that is just making its debut at Sephora this week that really got my attention! It is called HD Makeup Forever Pro Finish Powder. I excepted just another powder foundation but my mind has been changed. There are a couple of things about this product that make it different from my other favorite makeup lines. No mica! What that means is that I am not walking around with sparkles on my cheeks when I don’t want to see sparkles! And it has staying power. It literally lasted all day with a beautiful finish. It was developed by a woman named Dany Sanz  in response to professional makeup artists who needed products that could counter the unforgiving high definition camera lens.  It is recommended for normal to oily skin so bare that in mind. It can be applied wet or dry. Wet application gives you a sheer  coverage with a satin finish. Dry application for full coverage with a matte finish. Comes in 25 shades and retails for $36. Love, love, love this product. Can be found at Sephora at the Summit this weekend Jan 29th!
This is my all time favorite lip color product. This lipstick will literally stay on ALL DAY! I put it on at 7am and I have to take it off at 9pm!  My favorite color in this line is Boundless Brandy. The trick to getting it to stay on all day is the drying time. Apply the color right after you have applied your foundation on clean lips. (make sure you have no foundation residue) and allow it to dry while you do your eyes. Finish several minutes later with the glossing wand on the opposite end! Amazing product in my opinion. Can be found at most drug stores. I like to hit CVS when they have their makeup, buy one get one 50% off. Retails for $8-9 depending on where you get it.
This is my favorite new eyeshadow. Just out it is Urban Decay’s first matte palette.
I love the smoky effect you can create with this palette. Applying eyeshadow correctly can make your eyes go from plain jane to wow with the simply stroke of a brush! I have a simple recipe that I like to use to make your eyes have that bit of a pop for a special night out. 
See this tutorial for the how to. 
The Urban Decay palette has 6 colors, 4 that are brand new with this collection and retails for $27 at Sephora. 
I like this mascara because it is inexpensive and works every bit as good as mascara that retails for twice what this does. It is nice that you can get a product that is reliable and reasonably priced. The other great thing about this product is that while it is not waterproof and a nightmare to remove it is smudge proof. The problem is, Covergirl, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to discontinue it! Why do companies do this? They have a fabulous product that works and is amazing and they discontinue it! I have plans of buying and hoarding as much as I can find this weekend. So I will be on the search for something comparable. If you have any suggestions please leave me a comment below! 

So there you have. You now know what I have in my little bag of tricks. 
I would love to hear from you about your favorite products. Please leave me a list of things you like so that I can go exploring and find some new beauty products. Enable me! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment