Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Cheeseball



This post is arriving a couple of days early as I wanted a chance to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Over the next couple of days I will be posting my three favorite Christmas recipes that I include on all my holiday trays. The other two will not come to your inbox. But if you check here at the  blog over the weekend I will have all the pictures and instructions up by the Sunday night. Plenty of time for you to whip up something special for your gift giving.
Cheeseball and a Beauty Blog you may ask...
Well I think sharing is beautiful. Every year when I do my customer appreciation day, I get requests for this recipe. Just a couple of recommendations here... 



It was my mother-in-law’s cheeseball recipe that she gave to me 20 years ago. 
Seriously it is so simple that it is almost shameful!

Grandma Kessler’s Cheeseball
1 brick of Philly Cream Cheese
1 tsp of McCormick Bon Appetit Seasoning
1 heaping Tbsp on fresh chopped green onion
1 cup of crushed nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Add Bon Appetit Seasoning and green onions to brick and cream together well. From mixture into a ball and roll ball into the crushed nuts until completely covered.

Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight.
Voila!
Easy as!
Except, the darn seasoning is getting harder and harder to find. My friends in Utah should have no problem finding it. But from what I understand the only two stores in Reno that have it are not actually in Reno. The Savemart in Carson and the Savemart in Sparks carry it. You can also find it here Amazon. If you can’t find Bon Appetit, this is the best substitute I have found.



The cost is minimal, yet it feels so special and homemade with a touch "of class" when coupled with wine, crackers and a card.

Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright. And your Hanukkah is Happy and Holy? Or whatever holiday you are celebrating right now is truly blessed and wonderful.
Remember to check the blog tomorrow for the other two recipes.
It’s a surprise!! ;)
Michon :)

P.S. ~ Share the love and forward this to a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment