We all know the saying, "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."
Daddy's are special. And fathers are, without a doubt, the hardest working members of the family. At least that is how it is at my house. Not only does mine work 40+hours a week, but on the weekends he is also our gardener, mechanic, plumber, electrician, handyman and the escort, for whichever female is most in need of male attention... (with 3 daughters and my mother living with us, my poor husband is drowning in estrogen). So we tend to spoil Daddy a bit around here. Dads are not only hard working but also equally hard to buy for. So I came up with a few ideas for you, from cheap as can be, to a little more expensive but not over the top. Starting with the more expensive possibilities...
- Soaring NV~ We did this a few years back and totally surprised him! We bought him a glider ride over Tahoe.
- V& T Railroad or the Nevada State Railroad Museum are both great options that many folks in the area forget about. We loved our trip to Virginia City last year on the V&T line. Plan on having lunch up in VC and plan on bringing an umbrella and extra water. It gets hot. But climbing the hill from Carson to Virginia City feels so nostalgic in that steam locomotive that your "historian dads" are going to feel like they have gone back in time. This is a super fun trip for the whole family if your man is into trains and times of old.
- Truckee River rafting is a great way for you to pull your dad away from the chores of the weekend and the heat of the day. Have him floating down the river to cool off, with the cares of the world behind him! Make sure you wear cloths and shoes that can get wet when going on this trip. Double, Ziplock all your phones/cameras in baggies if you must have them with you and trust mom to guard them, (she will likely, and mysteriously be the least wet person in the raft). This weekend will be crowded so jump online today if you want to book this!
- Dash for Dads if your dad's idea of a fun day includes a healthy run, this is the event for you! This is a 5K Walk/Run for Adults and Kids to raise awareness for Prostate Cancer. This run/walk encourages healthy living for all ages with a special focus on the special men in our lives. Dash for Dads will be held at the Sparks Marina. Registration is from 7am - 8:30 am. Race starts at 9. Check the link in the title for more details.
- Massage is the ultimate in relaxation! If your man is one that works hard and plays hard this is a very reasonably priced option for you! Peggy at Image Artistic only charges $40 an hour and she is amazing! Nothing tells you, you are loved, like being massaged from head to toe. Gift certificates are available at the salon Tuesday through Friday. Drop in and get him some relaxation time he can't refuse!
- Pinterest page for Father's Day! Okay, I have to admit! Of all the things listed above there are a TON of things on this page that I plan on incorporating into my man's day! From simple to more complex, you need to check out this page! Fun stuff resides!!
- Do some chores for him. This is my least favorite option but sadly IT IS the one we are all doing this year for him. We have 3 acres of weeds that need tending to and he is only one man, and we of course are super girls so we are going to band together to help make his life a little easier. It is the cheapest one, but honestly it is also the one that he will value the most. He knows we hate it, so it must mean that we really love him.
Those are my best tips for last minute Father's Day gifts here in the Reno area! I hope you enjoyed them and found them helpful in some way. I would love to hear what you are doing to treat your Daddy-O to some goodness this weekend. Leave me a comment below. Share this post with your friends that are at a loss! ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
See you next week,